Have you ever had the desire to take an RV rental and travel solo throughout the U.S? If you haven’t done it yet, what’s stopping you? Maybe you want to travel around the world alone. Could it be that you don’t have anyone to go with you? Should that stop you?
Following are some of the myths about traveling solo and the reasons why they shouldn’t hold you back any longer:
- It’s too expensive. Yes, travel is costly, but so is spending money on eating out every day or taking up a hobby such as gambling or golf, but people still spend money on them instead of traveling. Traveling can be affordable when planned right and you can save the money needed when you spend less on non-essentials.
- Something bad can happen. Something bad can happen, whether or not you are with someone else, on the road, or at home. As long as you exercise caution as you would at home or with someone else, you should be just fine traveling alone.
- It won’t be as fun. Granted, it’s a lot of fun to get out on the open road with a friend and live experiences together, but traveling alone can be a lot of fun as well. You get to do whatever you want without having to worry about someone else. You are more apt to meet new people who could become lifelong friends. You can listen to the music that you want to listen to while driving RV rentals.
- You’ll get lonely. You may have some lonely moments on your trip, but this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, it’s good to spend some alone time. It can be a deeply strengthening experience, as you face solitude, your thoughts, and the silence. We are often surrounded by other’s voices and ideas on a daily basis, so traveling alone can often teach us things about ourselves that we never realized or had forgotten.
- It’s too dangerous if you are a girl. Men and women may both be told that it’s dangerous to travel alone, but women tend to hear it much more often and while there may be situations that could be more threatening for a woman than a man, both genders should always take precautions to stay safe while traveling. The myth that traveling alone is alright for a man, but not for a woman is an outdated perception.
While traveling could be expensive, something could happen on the road, you may feel lonely at times, and you may need to be careful as a woman in certain situations, these myths shouldn’t keep you from setting out on the open road alone. There are many beautiful things waiting for you around the corner and experiences that you may have never had if you were traveling with a partner.
Traveling alone allows us to be more open, more daring, and friendlier with people we meet along the way. You never know what’s waiting on the other side, so don’t be afraid to go for it.